We’ve all been there: waking up with a sluggish feeling, inability to concentrate, slightly edgy, a little jittery and an upset tummy. You knew you were having too much last night. But it tasted so good, and it was so much fun going down. You, my friend, have a morning after Halloween candy hangover. Well, I may not be a dietician, but I bet that the best way to get that feeling out of your system is to blast your system with a protein rich breakfast.
Let me guess. Halloween night your darling was is the cutest Halloween monster ever, but the next morning he turned into a real life monster, right? While getting the rest of the Halloween candy out of the house might fix the problem for good. But, if you want to set him up with the best chance for a good day then check out a few of these site for ideas for great protein rich breakfasts that are kid approved.
- Wellness Mama – Seven Kid Approved Healthy Kid-Approved Breakfast Ideas
- ADDitude Magazine – Benefits of Breakfast
- Parenting Magazine – Ask Dr. Sears Menu for a Brainy Breakfast
- Cooking Light Magazine Kids Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Child Healthy World
- Meals Matter
- Eating Well Magazine – Healthy Kid Breakfast Recipes
- Joy Bauer – 10 Healthy Kid-Friendly Breakfast Ideas
- Pintrest – BabyProdExperts – Healthy Fun Food for Kids Board
My choice for breakfast on November 1st is breakfast tacos. They are easy to make, portable and full of protein with very little sugar. I doubt you really need a recipe for a breakfast taco but here’s how I made mine:
Breakfast Taco: Warm up a whole wheat flour tortilla in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Place a small handful of shredded cheese in the middle of the tortilla (about 1/4 cup). Scramble one egg until soft set. Crumble one veggie sausage patty over the top of the egg and place on the tortilla on top of the cheese. You can top the egg with a little salsa if desired. Roll up and enjoy.